Yield: 12 Muffins
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Finely Ground Tapioca Flour, plus 2 additional tablespoons for dusting pan
- 1-1/4 cup finely ground Arrowhead Mills Organic Yellow Cornmeal
- 2/3 cup Arrowhead Mills Organic White Rice Flour*
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Bob's Red Mill Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (unthawed) blueberries – about 5 oz.
Note: Be sure to use white rice flour (such as those produced by Arrowhead Mills or Bob's Red Mill); brown will result in gritty muffins.
- Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Butter a muffin pan with 12 (1/2-cup) cups, and lightly dust with tapioca flour, knocking out excess.
- In a large bowl, whisk together tapioca flour, cornmeal, rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, milk, maple syrup, and eggs.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until fully combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each cup ¾ full. Bake until tops are domed and feel springy to the touch, and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack.